Well hello I am glad you stopped by!
My name is Kacey Holden soon to have the last name Cleary. I’m a wife (haven’t had time to change my last name yet), oldest sibling of three, coffee drinking, animal loving, bible believing, equestrian blogger. I dabble in painting, photography and videography for fun.
Some Of My Experience As An Equestrian
- Riding and taking lessons mostly english (dressage, show jumping, eventing, hunter/jumper) for 18 years
- Certified with the American Riding Instructors Association
- Ma Licensed Riding Instructor
- Associates degree from U Mass Amherst for Equine Industries
- U Mass Dressage Team
- Working Student at an eventing barn, called Bascule Farm for over a year
- Riding Instructor for over 4 years specializing in balanced riding and building a solid foundation.
- Started a horse boarding and riding lesson program
- Experience being a stable hand, groom, and barn manager
- Competed at Hunter/Jumper Schooling Shows as well as 3 Phase Events through the years
- Volunteered at horse shows and therapeutic riding centers
- Worked with green horses, problem horses and untrained horses
- Started untrained horses
- Retrained off the track thoroughbreds
- I have owned mostly off the track thoroughbreds with exception of one warmblood
About the Blog
This blog is recently new and I have been preparing and working on it since the middle of February 2017, with a lot of mistakes and failed attempts. I’m new to the website making, blogging scene. Biggest tip if you decide to start a website or blog, have back ups and save your articles that you write. People apparently hack websites and delete things… sometimes the whole website. Why I don’t know.
Anyone who wants to read it is more than welcome. This site is created for people who are interested in learning more about horsemanship, want to get started in horseback riding, want to improve in their riding skills, and riders that want to learn more about horse ownership.
What I Hope this Blog Will Do For You.
I hope that this blog will give you the information you are looking for, inspire you to continue on and progress in your riding, and maybe prepare you for the amazing but big responsibility of horse ownership.
I hope for this blog to be a place of community and belonging, where you can share your questions and experiences. I’m here to make friends and help people out starting or continuing their equestrian journeys.
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT email@example.com
As a side note I am a Jesus fan!
He is my super hero and has changed my perspective. God plays a big part in my life, including my blogs.